Time for a rant, I guess that's what blogging is really all about, and since all I ever do here is post photos and comment on them, I suppose I'm overdue for an actual literary contribution. The number 13. There, I came out and said it. Over the course of the last several months, the number 13 has been popping up in my life with increasing frequency, literally DAILY, and I am hard put to figure out why. Is it a product of my imagination?...not sure...what I do know is that when Barb went in for her chraniotomy, they gave me a pager to let me know what her status was. The pager number was 213. Stamped in indellible numbers right on the face...Crap!!!!!....do you have a more "lucky" number?...nope.....ok....
Then after her surgery, they tell me she's in recovery, and they're going to transfer her to the icu on the next floor up, she'll be in room 413...ok.....thanks again,.... but then, THERE IS NO ROOM 413, THEY MEANT, OR SHOULD HAVE SAID, ROOM 412......oh.....ok....hmmmm
Fast forward a bit in life...I had to buy some chips for my Mom's birthday, ok , no problem...3 or 4 bags....how much???....$13 of course....how about I stop and pick up some smokes while I'm out buying aspirin...how much you think the total tab was???....yup....so I'm thinking it's all in my head, on my way home from work the other day thinking about how the number 13 keeps popping on me, and I look in my rear view mirror and the guy behind me actually has the number 13 ON BOTH OF HIS REAR VIEW MIRRORS. Bigger than shit...fast forward/rewind/whatttheever, my cousin Ben sends me an e-mail on Feb. 13th, ok so you're bound to receive communications on the 13th of SOME months, no biggie right???...Except the e-mail doesn't arrive on the 13th, it actually arrives on the 20th, that was my IN YOUR FACE 13 for the day on the 20th.Since when does it take 7 days for SNAIL MAIL to arrive, much less an E-MAIL..that's kind of the way that this number has been coming to me, usually it slaps me upside the head. Like this morning, here I am minding my own business, when my pda tells me that I am 13 hours overdue for Barb's meeting with the oncologist, at 6:13 a.m. it's reminding me....shake it off...has anyone seen that new show "gangland" that I set up our dvr to record?....I've seen it twice, both times the machine picked up the same episode on Mara Salvatrucha....you know....MS13....is there a crystal clear message that goes along with the number 13 that someone is trying to relate to me????....ANYONE?????....need some help here...Joe ( posted on 3/11...wait.....turn that around....
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey!! wassup?
Hiya Samantha....
Post a Comment